Friday, April 3, 2015

Two Years in the Wilderness

Today is Good Friday.  It's a significant day to me not only because it's the day that Jesus died on the cross, but because it's the day I met with my boss to tell her I'd made the decision to walk away from the tenure track and, subsequently, my life plan.  The last two years have been so full of so many feels -- sadness, confusion, disappointment, frustration, fear, uncertainty (x365 x2) and a general feeling of being "over it".  At the same time, this crucible of mistake making and waiting and feeling trapped and general wilderness wandering has been a season of growth and refinement.

I can't believe that it's been so long and that I still don't have a life plan.  Someday this will make sense, but I still don't feel like it makes any more sense today than it did two years ago.  In the meantime, I plod through and put one foot in front of the other and rely on what I know to be true: God is faithful, and He has a plan in all of this that will work all things together for good.

No comments:

Post a Comment