Thursday, September 5, 2013

90 degree turns

Today is the first day of the Protege Program, the character and leadership development program I applied for and was ultimately not accepted to.  Instead of starting a new chapter of life in DC, I am in Arkansas teaching methods and standards.

I truly am excited to see what this season brings.  I know God has big plans for it.  I know God has big plans for this year's Proteges in DC.  I know God has big plans for me in Arkansas.  I am excited for all of us.

This season, God keeps having me take these abrupt 90 degree turns while it feels like I'm moving at 70 MPH.
Don't go up for tenure.
Apply for the Protege program.
But actually, you're not accepted to the program.
Stay in Arkansas for a year.
You're going to teach methods and standards while you're there (!).
Don't get a place of your own; live with a family.

Part of me thinks this road with sharp turns is terrifying.  Part of me thinks it's exciting.  Part of me thinks it's crazy.  Part of me thinks it's reckless.

But all of me feels peace.  All of me knows that the Lord is directing this bizarre path -- and that makes it worth it.

While I have come to have only the foggiest of notions about what lies ahead, I know that the Lord knows how all of the pieces fit together.  I know He knows what I need, and will supply all of those needs at exactly the right time and in the right way.

I've got my seatbelt fastened and my racing helmet on, and I am going to keep on truckin' on this path He is laying out before me.  I will go forward in confidence and with courage, and stay close to Him so I can listen to what He wants to teach me.  And in the end, I will give all the glory to Him.  It belongs to Him alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment