Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Courage and Waiting patiently for the Lord

I've been listening to the Psalms as I fall asleep for the last week or so.  I love it.  Last night Psalm 27:14 jumped out at me.
Wait patiently for the Lord.  Be brave and courageous.  Yes, wait patiently for the Lord.
It is incredibly comforting to me to know that waiting takes courage.  Prior to the last year, I would have said that waiting would be a time of rest or a time to just chill and relax.  However I'd now acknowledge how difficult it is.  This year of waiting for the Lord to direct me to whatever is next in my job, life, and profession has been hard.  I've been tempted to jump the gun or to hustle to make things happen -- but the Lord has been clear to tell me that I need to just be quiet, to listen for His voice, and to trust Him.   Basically, to wait patiently for the Lord like it says in this Psalm.

And it has required bravery and courage to stare down uncertainty and unemployment and finite resources and closed doors to say, "I trust God more than I trust in these circumstances."  It is nice to feel acknowledged and validated in that -- to know that waiting takes bravery and courage, and not just time and patience.  I will wait patiently for the Lord -- bravely and courageously. He will reveal what is next in His perfect timing.  In the meantime He will develop not only patience in me, but bravery and courage as well.  And that is awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment