Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014: The Year of Trust

I've never been big on making New Year's Resolutions.  However, I'm a fan of the idea of strategically selecting one word and letting that word frame your year (more about the idea on this site).  A week or two ago, I felt like the Lord was telling me I needed to do this.

Just as quickly, I felt Him telling me that my word for 2014 needed to be trust.  So, this year I am focusing on learning to trust the Lord.  I don't know exactly what that will look like, but I trust that the Lord will reveal what it means and will look like to trust Him (that got a little meta for a hot second...).

I will trust the Lord with His plans for my career.
I will trust the Lord with all of the resources He has blessed me with.
I will trust the Lord to bring me into a relationship with the right people at the right time.
I will trust the Lord above having a plan.
I will trust the Lord will reveal to me what I need to trust Him with, and what that looks like.

You're supposed to pick a verse to help you frame your year with one word that reinforces the theme.  I felt immediately drawn to Phillipians 2:13, so this is my primary verse for this year.

God is at work in your life, giving you the desire and power to do what pleases Him.

I just need to trust the truth of this passage, and not doubt its reality in my life.  Here's to 2014 -- I know that the Lord will really teach me about trust this year.  Although my tendency when I think about that is to tense up and fear the process a little bit -- sort of like I did with development -- the Lord has shown me that I need not fear the process.  I can trust and not be afraid like it says in Isaiah 12:2, so that is my plan.


Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment