Friday, August 23, 2013

What I didn't say...this is worth it.

So a couple people have contacted me or told me, "Wow, I read your blog.  Sounds like things are hard!"  And they are -- I don't want to diminish that or not own up to that being the case.

At the same time, I need to say they are good.  Have you ever been on a hike that is grueling and tiring, but you know that a beautiful view awaits you at the top?  And that you'll regret it if you don't keep going?  That's what this season is like for me.  It is hard, but I know it is worth it.

I am learning so much -- about myself, about my issues, about my strengths, about how God has designed me, and more about God Himself.   I know that this is worth it, so I press on and work to learn what I can on the journey, knowing that this season -- while difficult -- is good.  I do not want to lose sight of that, or not share that with everyone.

Let us not grow weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. -- Galatians 6:9

No comments:

Post a Comment